Terms and Conditions
Bridal Makeup - Terms and conditions
- The Client: Refers to the recipient of the service and name listed on the booking form.
- The Makeup Artist: Refers to Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist.
- The Agreed Artist: Refers to the artist from Rhiannon Pritchard’s Bridal Team that has been booked by the Client to complete the agreed makeup services.
- The Booking: Refers to the agreement between the Client, the Makeup Artist, and the Agreed Artist, confirmed by e-mail, for provision of the service.
- Fee: Refers to the amount payable by the Client to the Makeup Artist/ Agreed Artist for the services listed on the invoice.
- Event: Refers to the occasion and location for which the service has been agreed.
- Event Date: Refers to the date for which the service has been agreed.
- Party: Refers to the persons in addition to the Client requiring services at the Event.
Rhiannon Pritchard’s Bridal Team are all fully qualified professional freelance makeup artists. They are all independent contractors, they are not employed by Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist but are self-employed freelance professionals, and are individually insured for liability under their own terms of practice.
Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist will accept and acknowledge a booking from the Client upon receipt of the reservation fee payment. After acceptance of the Booking, and prior to the services being performed, Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist will provide a Confirmation of Booking and Invoice to the Client by email.
When the Booking is with an Agreed Artist, Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist will introduce the Client to The Agreed Artist by email, at which point a contract between the Agreed Artist and the Client will be deemed to be in effect and the Agreed Artist will perform the services for the Client under the terms set out in these General Conditions.
By proceeding to secure the Booking by way of paying a reservation fee, the Client accepts that they are entering into a contract and agree to be bound by the conditions outlined below.
1. Securing your booking
(a) The booking is only reserved once the Client has paid a non-refundable reservation fee.
(b) The reservation fee secures the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist for the Event on the Event Date, the number of people in the Party as agreed on the Client’s quote, and includes the processing of Booking.
(c) The Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist will accommodate changes where possible once the Client’s reservation fee has been paid however, please note that during peak seasons (1st April – 30th September) there is a minimum Booking requirement of the Bride plus 2 people or the cost equivalent will apply.
(d) Any changes to the Booking must be communicated by the Client to Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist and the Agreed Artist prior to the Event so that the necessary amendments can be made to the invoice.
(a) The reservation fee is to be paid via online bank transfer to Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist – see account details above.
(b) The reservation fee is non-refundable but redeemable against the Event day balance (not redeemable against the pre-wedding trial).
(c) Payment for the pre-wedding trial is to be made directly to the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist on the day of the trial in cash.
(d) Should the Client wish to make an advance payment via online bank transfer for the pre-wedding trial, please contact the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist to make arrangements.
(e) Payment for the Event day services must be made no later than 2 weeks in advance of the Event Date via online bank transfer to Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist – see account details above.
3. Minimum booking requirement
(a) During peak seasons (1st April – 30th September) there is a minimum booking of the Bride plus 2 people or the cost equivalent will apply.
4. Additional charges
(a) £50 per Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist for Bank Holidays and Sundays
(b) £30 per Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist for early starts (prior to 6.30am including our travel time)
(c) £50 per Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist for early starts (prior to 5.30am including our travel time)
(d) False lashes are included in the Event day fee however, no discount is applied should any person choose not to have lashes. False lash application is not included in the pre-wedding trial but can be added on at a fee (prices start from £5 per set of lashes).
(e) Mileage is calculated (using Google Maps) from the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist’s home to the location of the Event. Travel expenses will be charged at 45p per mile each way on all appointments.
(f) The Client is liable to pay any parking charges where necessary.
5. Pre-Wedding trial
(a) Pre-wedding trials with Rhiannon Pritchard’s Bridal Team are in most cases carried out at the Agreed Artist’s home/salon.
(b) Pre-wedding trials with Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist are carried out at North Wales Nail & Beauty Training, Llandudno, LL30 2TT
(c) Arrangements can be made for pre-wedding trials to be carried out at an alternative venue. Travel expenses may apply.
(a) As part of the service provided the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist may need to take photographs for reference. Photographs taken at pre-wedding trials are for the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist’s records only and will not be shared on social media or websites.
(b) Photographs taken at the Event of the Client/Party may be used on the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist’s websites and/or social media platforms.
(c) Any professional photographs that the Client supplies to the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist will be credited back to the photographer.
(d) The Makeup Artist//Agreed Artist may contact the Client and/or the Client’s photographer to request images from the Event. The Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist agrees to credit the photographer when using these images.
(e) If the Client does not agree to the above, notice must be given in writing to the Makeup Artist and/or Agreed Artist prior to the Event.
7. Responsibility of the client
(a) The Client/Party must inform the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist of any potential issues that may affect the use of any equipment or products. This includes but is not limited to sensitivities, allergies and medical conditions. The Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist cannot be held liable for any condition that arises or loss incurred by the Client/Party if the Client/Party has not informed the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist of any known conditions as stated above, or of any conditions unknown to the Client/Party at the time of the service.
(b) The Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist will not be held responsible for any personal injury sustained as a result of taking part in any makeup services provided.
(c) The Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist reserve the right to cancel the agreement if the behaviour of the Client/Party is deemed inappropriate and/or if the Client/Party reports a condition that the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist deem as a risk to health and safety. In these cases, any payments that have already been made by the Client for the service are non-refundable.
(d) The Client is responsible for providing a suitable working space for the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist such as adequate space, light, electricity points and hand washing facilities.
(e) The Client accepts responsibility to ensure any clothing and accessories needed for the Event are kept out of the way of the makeup working area. If products of any kind get on clothing or accessories, the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist cannot be held liable.
(f) A schedule for the Event day services will be given to the Client by the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist prior to the Event day. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure every member of the Party is aware of timings on the day and that they make themselves available.
8. Responsibility of the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist
(a) Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist and her Bridal Makeup Team will always endeavour to honour the agreement to the best of their ability.
(b) There may be circumstances beyond the control of the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist where either the Makeup Artist or Agreed Artist is unwell, delayed or otherwise unavailable, sometimes at short notice. In such a case the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist will inform the Client at the earliest convenience and endeavour to make favourable alternative arrangements if possible.
(c) The Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist will not be held responsible for any delays caused by events beyond their control. No refund or compensation will be given in the event of delays caused by other wedding vendors, guests, or members of the bridal party.
(d) The Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of any of their obligations, that are caused by an event outside their control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, robbery of the artist’s kit needed to carry out work, road traffic accident or traffic delays, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, pandemic, or any other natural disaster, failure of public or private telecommunications or transportation networks or damage to or failure of any mode of transportation used by the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist. If the booking is directly affected by circumstances beyond the control of the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist, every possible endeavour to rectify such situations will be made, however no compensation will be offered. The Client is advised to gain wedding insurance as a protection against such circumstances.
(a) Rhiannon Pritchard Makeup Artist and her Bridal Team are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all clients. The Client’s personal information will only be used for the following reasons:
- To process the Client’s initial enquiry.
- To process the Client’s booking and pre-wedding trial appointments.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by the Client and the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist.
- To provide the Client with personalised ongoing assistance and support
- To seek the Client’s views or comments on the service provided
(b) Any personal information collected will be maintained in the strictest confidence and will never be shared with any third parties.
10. Cancellation policy
(a) Upon execution of the non-refundable reservation fee the Client understands and agrees that the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist will not book another Event for this date. In the event that the Client cancels the booking for any reason the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist shall suffer losses. As such, the Client agrees that, in the event of cancellation by the Client, the reservation fee shall be forfeited by the Client and retained by the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist as liquidated damages and not as a penalty. The Client and the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist agree that such amount is reasonable.
(b) The Client can cancel the booking at any time. All cancellations or changes to service must be stated in writing via email to the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist and are only confirmed once the Client has received a reply from the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist.
(c) The Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist will be under no obligation to refund any money paid up until point of cancellation, however the Client will not be liable for any further payments.
(d) Cancellations for services booked where travel and/or accommodation expenses have been paid for by the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist and are non-refundable by the provider will need to be reimbursed in full by the Client to the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist.
(e) In the unlikely event that the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist is unable to provide services on the Event day due to personal circumstances, act of god, or severe illness, they agree to make every effort, but cannot guarantee, to find the Client an equally capable replacement artist. Cancellation of the booking by the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist will result in a full refund of fees already paid by the client for the Event day services. No further compensation will be offered.
(f) If the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist are made to feel uncomfortable in any way, or if any of the bridal party, wedding guests, or other wedding vendors display abusive or offensive behaviour the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist has the right to terminate the contract without refund.
(g) All pre-wedding trials are non-refundable.
11. Postponement Policy
(a) Should the Client need to postpone/reschedule date of booking, the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist allow for one date change only per booking (subject to the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist’s availability to cover the alternative date which cannot be guaranteed). Thereafter any further date changes will be considered a cancellation and a new booking with reservation fee payment and new payment schedule will be required to secure the new date.
(b) Postponements and date changes to bookings are subject to availability of the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist.
(c) If the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist does not have availability for the new Event date, this will be regarded a cancellation of services and the reservation fee paid by the Client will be retained by the Makeup Artist/Agreed Artist. No further compensation will be offered.
(d) The client may be liable for any increase in service charges applicable to the new date.
(e) All pre-wedding trials are non-refundable.
By paying a reservation fee you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Courses - Terms and conditions
- Course places are on a first come first serve basis, only payment of a deposit can secure a place. Places cannot be held without deposits.
- Deposits paid are non-refundable. Full payment is required no later than 14 days prior to commencement of the course date. Payment can be made via online bank transfer. Cheques of any kind are not accepted. It is the responsibility of the learner to ensure receipts are received for each payment made.
- Course prices are subject to change without prior notice. Payment of deposit secures agreed price.
- Failure to make full payment by the agreed deadline will forfeit place and any monies paid.
- Course deposits cannot be transferred between courses, it is at the discretion of the course tutor should this be offered.
- Once deposits are received, a confirmation email will be issued. It is the responsibility of the learner to ensure this is received and to advise if this is not done.
- Cancellations will result in all deposits lost, regardless of notice given. Should you wish to cancel your place on the course you must contact Rhiannon Pritchard Make-up Artist directly via email or telephone. A minimum of 7 days’ notice prior to the course start date is required for any cancellations. Any cancellations made with less than 7 days’ notice will be charged at 50% of the course fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made once the course has commenced
- In the event of a cancellation, it is at the sole discretion of the course tutor if an offer is made to transfer deposits paid to alternative course dates, please note this is not always possible.
- In the event that a student fails to complete the course and/or assessments there is no entitlement to partial refunds.
- Rhiannon Pritchard Make-Up Artist reserves the right to cancel courses should minimum numbers not be reached. All efforts will be made to give as much notice as possible. In the event of a course being cancelled by Rhiannon Pritchard Make-Up Artist, alternative dates may be offered or a refund issued. The liability of this is limited to the course fees or deposits paid
- There is no responsibility towards Rhiannon Pritchard Make-Up Artist to buy back or refund any products/tools that been opened or used.