Professional Make-up Artist Course
This course is for anyone wishing to embark on an exciting career as a professional make-up artist. Whether you have a little experience or none at all the Professional Make-up Artist Course will provide you with high quality, intensive training to build your skills and help you realise your potential. Receive hands on practical training with an experienced qualified tutor who has a wealth of experience in the beauty and make-up industry. Covering corrective, day, evening, beauty, bridal, occasion, and fashion makeup, you will be expertly guided through various makeup styles, products, and techniques.
The Professional Make-up Artist Course comprises of 4 full days intensive practical training (plus 1 assessment day) covering the following:
- Health and Safety
- Anatomy & physiology
- Brushes, tools, and products
- Skin analysis, face shapes and skin tones
- Preparing the skin
- Colour theory and colour correcting
- Creating a flawless complexion
- Highlighting and contouring
- Application of bronzers and blushers
- Brow shaping
- Natural daytime makeup
- Dramatic evening make-up
- Vintage Hollywood glamour makeup
- Makeup for mature skin
- Mineral makeup v traditional makeup
- Current trends in makeup
- Smokey eye techniques
- Cut crease eye techniques
- Application of eyeliners; pencil, liquid, and gel
- Use of glitters
- Application of strip and flare lashes
- Lip makeup
- Role of a Makeup Artist
- Building you kit
- Business tips including social media, marketing, insurance, and pro discounts
The course comprises of full 4 days intensive training followed by 1 day of written and practical exams. There are two study options:
1) 1 week - Practical learning is spread over 4 consecutive days Monday – Thursday followed by 1 assessment day (Friday) 6 weeks later.
2) 4 weeks - Practical learning is spread over 4 consecutive Mondays followed by 1 assessment day (Monday) 6 weeks later.
The course has been structured in such a way to allow students time to put their new skills into practice and complete a portfolio of work. This progressive approach helps students to grow in confidence over the weeks, develop their skills by working on a range of faces, and ensures that they are industry ready upon completion of the course.
Learn in our cutting edge professional studio environment at North Wales Nail & Beauty Training, conveniently located in Llandudno town centre. Less than a 5 minute walk to the nearest train station.
Our Make-up training studio is small and friendly allowing individual attention and expert support and guidance. Maximum of 4 students per class.
None other than an interest in make-up. You must be at least 16 years old, there is no upper limit. We welcome and encourage students of all ages.
If you would like to receive a full course description including details on the fees, payment plans, dates, make-up kits, accreditation and much more then please get in touch at email@example.com